World music system celebrates music and rhythms in a Universal way to join in the fight against racism. We have the belief that through culture you can cross any borders. We offer performances but we also like to teach our knowledge, we work in many different ways, languages and art forms. The core of World Music System is Camilla Heidenberg Agbazahou and Georges Agbazahou. You can also read about some of our partners and artists we cooperate with, especially CLAN (Contes et Legéndes d’Afrique Noire)
Welcome to our center in Africa: Centre Académique des Arts Africains et d ́Écoutes de Grand-Popo.
and to our new facebook page: www.facebook.com/worldmusicsystem
- Camilla is joining Georges in Benin to continue the work in the center.
- Georges is currently in Benin working in our center. Camilla is teaching and doing freelance work as a musician for example performing with the improvisation theater Stjärnfall in Helsinki, and with Johanna Grussner and Minna-Lisa Ferna with the Three jazz Divas: a project with three professional, female jazz musicians performing own compositions and arrangements. See us in Helsinki in April!
- We will be performing the 8.9 in the event Basketball against racism (in cooperation with 09 Helsinki Human rights
- Welcome to a West african, and Benin day of culture in Helsingfors Arbis (Helsinki, Finland) See more information here!
- August is a busy month! We have been touring a bit, having concerts and performances in Ingå Culture night, a charity dinner in Ingå, Mariehamn culture night with both marionettes for children and an audio-visual concert “Against racism”. We were invited to performed in a pre-school on Åland and Camilla was also doing a live radio show in Ålands Radio. We also performed in Helsinki at Pacificos West African night by Villa Karo. See past events for details.
- A cool thing: we were interviewed in the news paper “Ny tid”. See the article here.
- The festival “Jakobs dagar” in Jakobstad has just come to and end. We were there doing 7 different performances during four days with the help of Faride Lala on the djembe. We had concerts on the big stage, marionettes and music for the children and in homes for the elderly and street performance with stilts. We were featured in several news papers: Pietersaaren sanomat, Österbottens tidning and the feature magazine of the festival.
- We have a new promotional video from our marionette workshop in Turku for your enjoyment.
- Performance on Åland, Finland the 8th and 9th of June for the “Ålands restaurangdagar”. Some info about the event could be seen (in Swedish) in the news paper Ålandstidningen.
- Welcome to a marionette workshop in Turku the 17th of June. See more information here.
- Here is a short video showing our performance during Helsinki street festival!
- Welcome to Helsinki Street Festival Saturday the 2:nd of June, we will perform marionettes, stilts, music, a danceworkshop and exhibition of batik and African art. Have a look at our past events for more details.
- Here is a new videoclip of Camilla live on Ålands radio and TV from 21.5.
- Here are our upcoming events this Summer!! Hope to see you there! Here’s what’s happening in May: Camilla is invited to perform at UNESCO world day for cultural diversity in Mariehamn, Finland! Georges is in the organization of le MIABA (Marché international d’arts du Bénin et d’Afrique ) i Grand-Popo, Benin!
- Camilla has been busy working in Finland with different projects, concerts and teaching during the Spring of 2012. The new album of EC is now mastered!! Georges is organizing concerts and workshops in Grand-Popo, for example offering workshops for the children every Saturday in our Center. But we will be joining forces in Europe again, we will post all the new events for the Summer of 2012 soon! You can see us on different stages in different cities around Finland! Hope to see you there!
- Here you can have a look at what is going on in our center. We are proud to show you some new pictures from the inside of our center. We have also posted some new video clips for your enjoyment.
December - January 2011-2012
- Greetings from Benin! Our Center in Grand-Popo had a Grand opening concert and concert at Villa Karo. We have been working with FESTIMARCH, for example a children’s concert in Cotonou.
- We do nonprofit work for underprivileged children with free workshops and a christmas celebration. We also arranged a free, professional workshop in the manufacture and manipulation of traditional African puppets, marionettes.
- You can find more information if you click on the links above or go to our past events.